Jun 21, 2009

Small Introductions Usually End Up Being Very Big

I'm new to blogger, so you'll have to excuse my frivolous mistakes. You'll also have to excuse my lack of posting (which, from previous experiences with blogs, I know will happen), and my acute randomness. I know this is supposed to be a blog about the transition from high school to college, but it's only kind of about that. The other part is about my transition into who I'm going to be. Heavy, I know.

I did it. And when I say "it," I don't mean I'm quite ready to share my personal bedroom exploits with you. I mean I prefaced. My old creative writing teacher told me that you should never preface your work. It demeans it. But prefacing in your blog is something you have to do, at least in the introduction post, because you have to lay some ground rules for your reader, even if you're never sure who you're talking to or if you're actually just talking to yourself. And it's okay either way, it's just awkward because how you write... or blog... will change depending on who your audience is.

I guess I got to the point of my blog before I actually intended.

The fact is that I want a record of my life, my experiences, of me not changing how I write... or blog... simply because someone might be listening. I want to leave fossils of my past so in four years (honestly, it'd be a miracle if I was still using this thing in four years), I can look back and see how much I changed. Or didn't change. If you happen to come along for the ride, great! Glad to have you. Can't promise it'll be a smooth one, but I can promise that there will be a lot of scenery.

So... if I'm not the only person reading this... well, hello and welcome to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment